The field of medicine depending upon the study of the urinary system and diseases related to it is known as Urology. It is also concerned with the male reproductive tract. Many urologists could specialise in various types of urology, such as –
- Male infertility, focusing on problems that prevent a man from conceiving a baby with his partner.
- Pediatric Urology, focusing on urinary problems related to children.
- Urology Oncology, focusing on cancers of the urinary system, including bladder, kidneys, testicles and prostate.
- Neurourology, focusing on problems caused due to the nervous system.
- Female Urology, focusing on conditions of women’s reproductive and urinary tract.